11.23.2009

Michael Oher (pronounced Orr) aka Big Mike


While everyone was lining up to watch "New Moon," the bf and i decided to check out "The Blind Side" in theatres on Sat, and i must say that i was very impressed with the movie. I would suggest people to watch it if they haven't yet. Considering this movie is based on a true story, it makes it 10x better.

The story is based on the football player Michael Oher. He came from the projects and was the son to a mother who was addicted to crack cocaine, and to a father who got murdered and who he hadn't seen since he was a baby. It's a pretty sad story and his life was def no where close to perfect.

To make a long story short... The Tuohy's took him in when he had no where to go. It started by a good gesture and turned into them giving him a home to live in with a new family. They welcomed him with open arms and changed his life drastically.

I've pretty much pointed to what the story is about, don't wanna get into details... but... i suggest you go watch it.

After all... there is hope for the good out there =)

7 comments:

  1. just watch the movie and it takes alot for me to watch a movie now days without getting board but this movie was so good I did not move from my seat until it was over, Thats how good it was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I found the movie very interesting myself. I've been pushing my mom to make the time to watch it, hopefully she'll get around it soon =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love u michael orr u are so awesome and ur a great ravens player i have great hopes 4 u 2 bring the ravens 2 the super bowl i love u..... (amber brown)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is nice to see good things can happen in this world

    and if we are all nicer to each other - more good
    will come, naturally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just watched the the film on sky TV in UK just a brilliant film it goes to shown things can work out if we have hope and caring people around us

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WATCHED THE MOVIE ..... ohh what i say i dnt have words to express my inner feeling for Mrs stowee AND HER FAMILY ... God bless her and her family AMEEN... and ALWAYS TURN AROUND .....

    AZIZ JAN
    FROM HUNZA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blind Side -is a great movie ever-
    Me and my family cries when we are watching this movie-
    You're so interesting Person Big mike..
    I Love you..
    GodBless You Big Mike and also your Nice family-
    Take care.

    apple

    ReplyDelete