2.14.2011

What does Valentine's Day mean to you?

As I read some of the stats women I know had posted on their facebook, made me wanna write a post concerning it. "We don't need valentine's day for our loved ones to show us what we mean to them... It should be like this on the daily. My man treats me well." I feel neutral about this comment. Yes, you're right... We should have our significant other treat us special everyday. When I say special I don't mean, buy me flowers and candies on the reg... That stuff is irrelevant really. But show each other the love and understanding that needs to be there. The honesty with the respect. The laughter and the happiness. We all really just wanna feel content right? Now on the other hand, the girl who posted that stat may just have an awesome boyfriend. That's why she's saying that. She's claiming that her boyfriend treats her well everyday and telling other folks that it should be like that for everyone. But what she's not realizing is that maybe "Betty" isn't as fortunate as she is. Maybe Betty's man treats her just ok on the regular. Maybe Betty waits around for occasions to see something special her man will do for her. So you can't just sit there and tell everyone to feel what you feel. Certain people need those days in their relationship to feel that special stuff. Yeah it sucks right? But like I said maybe Betty isn't as lucky as some females with awesome boyfriends.

I have never been a "fan" of valentine's day cause it's never been of importance to me... Instead of flowers, I'd rather have love and affection. Instead of chocolates, I'd rather have happiness and understanding... Instead of cards, I'd rather have honesty and respect =) Although, I don't mind the flowers, chocolates and cards LOL. Lilies for flowers, Ferrero Rocher chocolates to be specific and hallmark or carlton cards.

Hope all the couples enjoy valentine's day. A lot of you may be cliche and even propose, I ain't hating, lol. Good luck with that!!! And to all of the single folks... Don't be upset that you're not out on a date, it's all too commercial anyway. Plus it falls on a Monday... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment