11.11.2010

Blame Game

I was listening to Kanye's new album on repeat (craaazy good by the way) and there was one song that really caught me with a wicked piano intro.

Then I really listened to the lyrics...and I fell more than in love with it.

It speaks to the blame game..the fighting...the name-calling...the back and forth ...all that shit that takes place when you try to fix a relationship. All the hatred and resentment that grows from "fixing" the issues, from blaming one another and ultimately blaming yourself. We often get so caught up in trying to fix things and looking for any and every solution that we don't realize how much we're damaging ourselves, the ones we love, and our relationships. Sometimes the answer lies in walking away and recognizing that there is no fix.

Because as the song goes on to say, in the end...


" Things used to be, now they not. Anything but us is who we are, disguisin ourselves as secret lovers, we've become public enemies. We walk away like strangers in the street, gone for eternity, we erase one another. So far from where we came, with so much of everything, how did we leave with nothing? Lack of visual empathy equates the meaning of L-O-V-E. Hatred and attitude tear us entirely."

I can't lie..I teared up at that part, some sad but real words. There's nothing or nobody that can move me, speak to me, and soothe me like my true love, music.

You can find the full length song (feat. John Legend and Chris Rock)

No comments:

Post a Comment